Weekend Day Lead Direct Support Professional – El Dorado, KS
The primary function of the Weekend Day Lead Direct Support Professional is to support the purpose of Capper Foundation by exhibition of the following behaviors: ability and commitment to identify strengths, genuine respect for diverse perspectives and life styles, a capacity to listen and reflect, skill and creativity in helping people become more aware and confident of their own abilities, to help the individual or group assume decision-making and action, knowledge about how to gain access to information and ability to reflect and criticize ongoing process, including one’s own role in those processes.
- Carries a phone and assists with staffing and training in the home throughout the core during the weekend day shifts as assigned by the Residential Services Manager.
- Assists with mentoring and training of staff and performs quality assurance monitoring.
- Assists persons served to increase their independence and exercise their rights by teaching skills in various activities of daily living (self-care, care of the household or work area, communication, leisure, etc.) according to formal plans and as natural teaching opportunities arise.
- Prepares meals and snacks based on nutritional guidelines.
- Assists persons served to reduce inappropriate behaviors and to learn appropriate replacement behaviors by implementing approved behavioral support procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the health, hygiene, and grooming of persons served by implementing health care and hygiene techniques according to instructions or plans and, if properly certified, by administering medications according to stated policies and procedures.
- Documents care and assistance, behavioral support and teaching techniques implemented, and compliance with various standards through accurate and timely completion of data sheets, checklists, records and schedules.
- Understand the various levels of participation individuals may display in activities and how to encourage participation in Person Centered Support Plans.
- Support the purpose of Capper Foundation and participate in organizational activities.
- Follow organizational policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass background checks.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform support/intervention techniques (requiring lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, blocking, grabbing).
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques, cooking skills, and ability to follow menus and recipes.
- Ability to handle unpleasant personal care tasks with sensitivity and caring, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Read, write and speak fluent English; skill in composing clear, concise reports; and ability to recognize and utilize alternative communication methods.
- Ability to work independently, give and accept constructive feedback in a team approach and consultative approach to training and service delivery.
- Completion of Senior Direct Support Professional classes.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.