Nurse Manager – South Central Kansas
The primary function of the Nurse Manager is to support the mission of Capper Foundation (Capper) through the delivery of nursing support and supervision of the medical support staff. This position is responsible for coordinating medical services for the individuals supported by Capper.
The Nurse Manager must be willing to listen, communicate and reflect while having a genuine respect for diverse perspectives and life styles in order to help individuals become more aware and confident in their own abilities to grow.
- Ensures medical records are maintained according to policy and/or procedures.
- Assists in training the Direct Support Professionals in medical related tasks.
- Participates in on-call schedule to provide consistent nursing coverage.
- Supervises and provides guidance for the medical support staff.
- Facilitates medical support service planning for individuals supported by Capper.
- Participates in the hiring process of medical support staff, as necessary.
- Ensures Capper is in compliance with all regulations.
- Participates with their core team and other teams to ensure Capper philosophy of service delivery is met while ensuring the health needs of individuals are met.
- Participates in health related consults, as necessary.
- Promotes effective mission-based management.
- Supports the mission and practices of Capper and participates in organizational activities.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A current, valid Registered Nurse license issued by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Three (3) years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Supervisory experience.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s license.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.