Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Winfield, KS
The primary function of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is to support the purpose, vision and values of Capper Foundation (“Capper”) through the delivery of nursing support for individuals supported by Capper. This position is responsible for coordinating medical services and being the medical liaison between the primary care physician, Nurse Manager and the family/guardians for the individuals supported by Capper.
The LPN must be willing to listen, communicate and reflect while having a genuine respect for diverse perspectives and life styles in order to help individuals become more aware and confident in their own abilities to grow.
- Ensures medical records are maintained according to policy and/or procedures.
- Completes and documents medical assessments of persons supported.
- Collect specimens, dress wounds, and administers prescribed procedures such as suctioning, change of tubes and catheters.
- Administers and accurately documents medication administration. Observes for reactions to drugs, treatments, and/or procedures and reports as needed.
- Participates in on-call schedule to provide consistent nursing coverage.
- Attends medical and psychiatric appointments as needed.
- Provides oversight and guidance for Direct Support Professionals.
- Facilitates medical support service planning for individuals supported by Capper.
- Ensures Capper is in compliance with all regulations and follows Capper policies and procedures.
- Participates with core team and other teams to ensure Capper philosophy of service delivery is met while ensuring the health needs of individuals are met.
- Supports the mission and practices of Capper and participates in organizational activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A current, valid Practical Nurse license issued by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s license.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.