Job Coach – Topeka, KS
The primary function of the Job Coach is to support individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities in obtaining and maintaining employment. The Job Coach must have the ability to identify the strengths of individuals being supported. Demonstrate respect for diverse perspectives and lifestyles, and the capacity to listen to understand others. Must demonstrate creativity in helping people become more skilled in their job duties. The Job Coach is to support the mission, vision and values of Capper Foundation.
- To mentor persons supported in job search and to inform them about employment and career options in the community.
- Teach job readiness and G.E.D. classes for persons supported interested in community, competitive employment.
- Assist persons supported with job search and the completion of job applications and resumes.
- Role modeling for the interview and accompany the person supported to their interview if needed.
- Provide community, social and life skills training to be successfully employed.
- To monitor the persons job performance in a variety of employer job sites.
- On-site job training while the person supported learns their job duties.
- Routine contact with the employer site supervisor.
- Obtain a copy of the employer evaluation for the purpose of identifying areas that may require additional training for the person supported to maintain good work habits.
- Serve as a liaison between the employer and person supported.
- Respond to the needs, desires and interests of the persons supported.
- Provide training and support in the completion of assigned job tasks.
- Match specific supports and interventions to the unique needs of persons supported.
- Understand crisis intervention and resolution techniques and use such techniques as identified for persons supported.
- Monitor that persons supported take their medication as prescribed (if applicable).
- Complete the required VR and/or HCBS billing paperwork.
- Document supports provided in Therap.
- Provide direct care supports at Capper Foundation when available.
- Support the mission and practices of Capper Foundation.
- Follow organizational policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of college preferred.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Must have at least two years of experience in health and/or human services field.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures
- Maintain valid driver’s license and meet the agency insurance carrier requirements.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.