Finance Director – Topeka, KS
Posted: March 16, 2023 / Last Updated: March 16, 2023
Send resume to:
Stephanie Broxterman, VP of Human Resources
3500 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66604
The position of Finance Director impacts the financial management of Capper Foundation (“Capper”) as measured by the accomplishment of strategic, fiscal, and operations objectives. This position is responsible for maintaining a complete and systematic set of financial records and managing the financial accounting and reporting of the organization.
- Directs financial operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for the corporations, Capper Foundation, Capper Community Living I, Inc. and Capper Community Living II, Inc.
- Manages the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports reflecting the services and activities of the organization.
- Prepares annual operating and strategic plan budgets in coordination with CFO.
- Manages preparation for annual audits to ensure timely and efficient completion.
- Maintains a high level of understanding for the financial accounting systems.
- Records monthly financial transactions. Prepares cash, investment and other account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Oversees representative payee services and accounts for persons supported. Prepares representative payee reports for Social Security Administration, as required.
- Responsible for the weekly processing of accounts payable invoices and checks. Ensures proper month end posting of accounts payable activity. Prepares and files annual Form 1099 reporting of vendor payments.
- Oversees reconciliations of all organizational bank accounts.
- Maintains the US Bank and Envista account checkbooks and petty cash funds. Maintains record of electronic payment and deposit activity. Records daily deposit activity.
- Manages Raisers Edge daily deposit recording to Financial Edge general ledger.
- Oversees billing, collection and payment processing activity for all Capper services.
- Prepares special reports and financial analyses as requested.
- Plans, schedules, supervises and evaluates the work of staff, as assigned within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in financial accounting and reporting. Supervision experience preferred.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook), computerized accounting systems and payroll programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll procedures and practices.
- A high degree of analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, clients and the business community.
- Ability to organize, plan, set priorities with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Works collaboratively with Capper staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Capper.
- Ability to effectively work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and be held accountable for results.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Pass background checks and drug test per Capper procedures.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.