Driver – El Dorado, KS
Posted: March 28, 2019 / Last Updated: May 8, 2019
The primary function of the Driver is to perform a variety of routine transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation for persons supported by Capper Foundation (“Capper”).
- Performs a variety of transportation duties for Capper.
- Plans route to ensure most economical use of time and vehicle.
- Ensures conformance with appropriate safety requirements and laws.
- Manages documentation requirements accurately.
- Assists persons served to increase their independence and exercise their rights by teaching skills in various activities of daily living (self-care, care of the household or work area, communication, leisure, etc.) according to formal plans and as natural teaching opportunities arise.
- Transport individuals served for outings and appointments in a safe manner.
- Assists persons served to reduce inappropriate behaviors and to learn appropriate replacement behaviors by implementing approved behavioral support procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the health, hygiene, and grooming of persons served by implementing health care and hygiene techniques according to instructions or plans and, if properly certified, by administering medications according to stated policies and procedures.
- Documents care and assistance, behavioral support and teaching techniques implemented, and compliance with various standards through accurate and timely completion of data sheets, checklists, records and schedules.
- Understand the various levels of participation individuals may display in activities and how to encourage participation in Person Centered Support Plans.
- Follow organizational policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Staff may be required to have a valid driver’s license to work specific sites.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test
- Knowledge of and ability to perform support/intervention techniques (requiring lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, blocking, grabbing).
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques, cooking skills, and ability to follow menus and recipes.
- Ability to handle unpleasant personal care tasks with sensitivity and caring, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Read, write and speak fluent English; skill in composing clear, concise reports; and ability to recognize and utilize alternative communication methods.
- Ability to work independently, give and accept constructive feedback in a team approach and consultative approach to training and service delivery.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.