Administrative Assistant – Topeka, KS
The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the President & CEO, Executive VP & CFO and other senior management, as needed. This position will process accounts payable and support a variety of accounting activities.
- Provides administrative support to the President & CEO, Executive VP & CFO and other senior managers as needed.
- Provides relief coverage at the reception desk for the Receptionist, as scheduled.
- Collects weekly status reports from managers and distributes copies to Senior Management Team members.
- Prepares agendas for weekly Senior Management Team meetings and monthly Total Staff meetings.
- Prepares agendas and supporting materials for Board of Trustees meetings. Prepares minutes of bi-monthly Board of Trustees meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Maintains and updates Board of Trustees manuals and notebooks as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of the Three-Year Strategic Plan and One-Year Operational Plans.
- Schedules and assists in the planning and preparation of organizational activities and meetings throughout the year, including monthly Total Staff, annual Staff Recognition event and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices and transactions. Distributes processed checks and files check documentation.
- Supports the daily functions of the business office to include ordering office supplies, and copier and fax operations.
- Provides support for accounting activities, as needed.
- Verifies documentation of transactions for persons supported checking accounts and purchasing cards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field and minimum two (2) years in an administrative role preferred. Experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with computerized general accounting programs preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, clients and visitors.
- Ability to organize, plan, set priorities with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Works collaboratively with Capper Foundation staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Capper Foundation.
- Ability to effectively work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and be held accountable for results.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures.
Please see the PDF document for the complete job description.