An Evening for a Child
August 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us VIRTUALLY live on our Facebook page for An Evening for a Child, a benefit to provide Pediatric Therapy services and scholarship assistance to children with disabilities who are uninsured or under-insured. 75% of our families depend on our scholarship assistance for their children.
There’s no need to RSVP for the event itself. Register now and be ready to bid high and bid often on auction items starting August 22nd. If you, your family and friends would RSVP on our Facebook event page, it will boost the visibility of our event and raise awareness of our Pediatric Therapy services.
Register to Bid :
2. Click on the “Start Bidding” button in the upper right corner of the page to create an account. In order to receive text messages such as “You’ve Been Outbid” or “You’ve Won Package #…” please include your mobile phone number.
3. Preview auction items online until “Go Time” on August 22nd at 11 a.m. when bidding starts on silent auction items. Special auction bidding is August 29th from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. During the virtual finale, we will have a hotline at 785.246.6585 to answer questions.
4. Bid High, Bid Often on great silent and special auction items. Don’t forget you can set your MAX bid on your favorite items to make bidding easier!
- Silent Auction – Items will be up for bid August 22nd at 11 a.m. through August 29th at 10:30 p.m. Items may be previewed at Capper Foundation (3500 SW 10th Ave., main entrance on north side of the building) during that week from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. daily (except Sun. 8/23). Masks are required and your temperature will be taken. Set your MAX bid for ease of bidding.
- Special Auction – Premium items will be available for bidding only on Saturday, August 29 from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. During the virtual finale, we will have a hotline at 785.246.6585 to answer questions.
- Scholarship Assistance Fund Pledge – Make a pledge to help children with disabilities who are uninsured or under-insured receive the therapy services they need.One generous family has presented a “challenge” match of $5,000. Will your family consider taking on the challenge?
- Wine Board – Buy a numbered cork, receive a bottle of premium wine (available during the in-person previews only).
Auction Rules and Payment:
- All sales are final.
- There will be no exchanges or refunds.
- All items will be available for pickup from Capper Foundation offices in Topeka or Winfield starting:
Tuesday, September 1st – Topeka (3500 SW 10th Ave., main entrance on north side of the building)
Monday, September 7th – Winfield (1500 E 8th Ave., Ste. 201)
- Please advise us of which office you prefer to pick up from by calling us at 785.272.4060. If shipping of an item is required, delivery costs will require special payment arrangements.
- Auction payments must be be made in full via the Greater Giving auction site.
- General Donations and Scholarship Assistance Fund donations may be made by check (payable to Capper Foundation – memo: Scholarship Fund) or cash and delivered to Capper Foundation, 3500 SW 10th Ave., Topeka, KS 66604.
Watch Parties – For more fun, host your family and friends to enjoy this event from home or via Zoom. Contact our Development Team at 785.272.4060 for assistance with setting up a Zoom party. If you host a party, here are a few fun ideas:
* Have your guests dress in period costumes (between 1920 – 2020).
* Create a signature drink for your guests. Or re-enact the days of prohibition for a non-alcoholic party.
* Setup some fun kid games and act like one.
* Donation bingo (create bingo cards with different $ amounts in each row. Guests will donate amounts to Capper to fill their card(s)).
* Two facts and a myth about Arthur Capper and/or Capper Foundation.
Pogo Stick Sponsor
Bruce & Laura Danielson
Michelle Butler & Tyler Johnson
Rocking Horse Sponsors
The Linen Tree
Doug & Becky Kinsinger
Jim & Maureen Leiker
Dale & Mary Clare Wilson
Coffman, DeFries & Nothern
American Family Insurance –
Steve & Derie Briman
Landmark National Bank
Fox Family Dental
Kansas Van & Storage, Criqui Corporation