Concert for a Child
Concert for a Child is back for its second year on Friday, August 26, 2022, at Topeka Performing Arts Center (214 SE 8th Ave., Topeka, KS). World-renown fingerstyle guitarists Andy McKee, Calum Graham, and Trevor Gordon Hall will host a Masterclass for aspiring guitarists and perform a special concert jointly benefiting Capper Foundation's Pediatric Scholarship Assistance Fund and Topeka Performing Arts Center. To learn more about the artists, watch some music videos here and read their bios here.
The heart of this event for Capper Foundation is raising funds to help children with disabilities who are uninsured or underinsured receive pediatric therapy services. 75% of the families we serve utilize the scholarship assistance fund to help cover the cost of their child's services. Click here for more information about our pediatric therapy services.
For Topeka Performing Arts Center, the heart of this event is raising funds to support art education programs for all youth in our community. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Sheffel Theater Clinic and Schooltime Theater Series as well as Masterclasses, and Gingerbread Homes For the Holidays. For more information about these programs and events, visit TPAC's website.
Together, we are helping children to build abilities and achievement in the arts!
Schedule of Events:
Masterclass (4 pm - 6 pm): Spots are available for 60 aspiring guitarists to learn from and practice with Andy, Calum, and Trevor on the performance stage. Tickets are $180 per person (includes the class, a general admission ticket to the concert, and a light dinner before the concert) or $240 per person (includes the class, a VIP ticket to the concert, and a light dinner before the concert). Whether you are a master player, a beginner, or just an enthusiastic fan, our guitar workshop will benefit your playing and appreciation for acoustic fingerstyle guitar. The artists will teach you the techniques and musical ideas that will help take your own playing to new and exciting places. Class participants will be able to store their guitars in a secure room with a security check process during the concert.
Concert (begins at 7:30 pm):
- General Admission Tickets (840 available) are $40 per person for reserved seating on the main floor. Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. for general admission ticket holders.
- VIP Tickets (206 available) are $100 per person for reserved front-of-house seating. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for VIP ticket holders. VIP ticket also includes:
- Access to a private area with appetizers and complimentary Blind Tiger Brewery beer and wine. A cash bar will be available.
- Meet and Greet with Andy, Calum, and Trevor after the concert.
- Concert tickets can also be purchased at the TPAC Box Office 11 am – 2 pm and 4 pm – 6 pm Monday – Friday.
Can't attend the event, however, would like to support the cause with a contribution?