Topeka Area Autism Network
Mission Statement: Topeka Area Autism Network (TAAN) exists to maximize the human potential for people with autism in the Topeka area.
Objectives: TAAN’s purpose is to provide education, support, and acceptance for parents, caregivers, professionals, and the community.
TAAN will strive to:
- Provide information and resources to increase understanding and awareness, promoting acceptance, and to improve the quality of life for those with autism.
- Create a network of people to support one another, and learn from each other's experiences.
- Offer activities that will allow those with autism a safe place to learn, grow, and enjoy themselves.
- Advocate and lobby government officials to ensure adequate community services.
- Ensure constant communication with community agencies whom play a role in the life of those on the spectrum, their families, and service providers.
This group meets during the school year (Sept.-May except Jan.) to provide opportunities for parent-to-parent sharing of resources and for community professionals to provide training, education and support for parents of children and adults on the autism spectrum. Upcoming meeting dates, topics and locations are being determined. Information on special events is listed below.
Puzzle Pieces - Sensory-friendly time and activities on the second Sunday of each month @ Kansas Children's Discovery Center
Sensory Saturday @ The Toy Store - Sensory-friendly event on the first Saturday of each month at 9:00 a.m. Questions: Email email@example.com