Topeka Area Autism Network
Mission Statement: Topeka Area Autism Network (TAAN) exists to maximize the human potential for people with autism in the Topeka area.
Objectives: TAAN’s purpose is to provide education, support, and acceptance for parents, caregivers, professionals, and the community.
TAAN will strive to:
- Provide information and resources to increase understanding and awareness, promoting acceptance, and to improve the quality of life for those with autism.
- Create a network of people to support one another, and learn from each other's experiences.
- Offer activities that will allow those with autism a safe place to learn, grow, and enjoy themselves.
- Advocate and lobby government officials to ensure adequate community services.
- Ensure constant communication with community agencies whom play a role in the life of those on the spectrum, their families, and service providers.