Capper Foundation provides one-on-one job counseling, training and placement services for adults with disabilities on the Home & Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver. We have longstanding relationships with employers in the community to help people with disabilities secure competitive employment (Accessibility.com has a good article - Beginner's Guide to Supporting Employees with Autism). Once an adult is on the job, our job coaches will make site visits and serve as a liaison with employers to monitor progress and provide feedback and support. This ongoing job-site support reduces workplace challenges and increases job retention. Work opportunities are available on-site at Capper to help individuals in our Day Services program learn valuable job skills to take out into the community. Those areas include:
Auto Detail Shop
By utilizing our Auto Detail Shop, you help adults by providing them with employment and skill-building opportunities, increasing their opportunities for independence.
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY to get your car detailed!
Drop in Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 2 pm (weather permitting - The wind chill/heat index must be between 45-94 degrees.)
Details of Services:
- Wash/wax combination
- Wheel wash and tire shine
- Clean windows, inside and out
- Vacuum carpet and upholstery
- Wipe and shine interior surfaces
- Interior disinfectant fogging (use Nu-Foamicide - EPA #10324-166-40672)
- Spot-free, hand dry
Full Auto Detail (interior disinfectant fogging required) - $26.50 + tax
Exterior Only - $14.00 + tax
Interior Only (interior disinfectant fogging required) - $12.00 + tax
15 passenger van (interior disinfectant fogging required) - $35.00 + tax
Exterior Only - $25.00 + tax
Interior Only (interior disinfectant fogging required) - $15.00 + tax
Interior Disinfectant Fogging Only - $5.00
Note: Allow 45 minutes for auto detailing
Business Support Center
Our Business Support Center is a mail production site providing employment for people with disabilities. You will receive quality, affordable and unique service by choosing our Business Support Center for your printing and mailing needs. In doing so, you’ll help adults by providing them with employment and skill-building opportunities, helping increase their independence. Products and services include:
- Printing - Color or black & white fliers, booklets, postcards, newsletters, posters up to a maximum of 12 x 18, church bulletins, real estate pamphlets, newsletters
- Personalized Pieces - Announcements/Invitations/Postcards for weddings, showers, graduations, special events
- Addressing - Utilizing either inkjet printing or labels; mass/bulk mailings; postal updating of mailing lists
- Folder Assembly - Information folders, orientation and fundraising packets
- Heat Sealing of magazines in plastic enclosures for mailing
- Kit Building - This is a start-to-finish product and can include document printing and folder assembly
- Binding/Stapling of Booklets - Apartment Guides; Contact Directories for churches, schools and businesses
- Document Scanning including PDFs from hard copies; helpful for any electronic document filing; reduces paper storage and creates easy digital access
- Additional Services such as folding, inserting, tabbing, cutting, counting
For further information about the Business Support Center or for a quote, email us or call 785-228-9221. The hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Capper Creations Gift Shop
Capper Creations Gift Shop is a great place to purchase unique handcrafted items, artwork, greeting cards, candles, soaps, lotions and much more made by persons supported in our Adult Services wood shop and art studio. Services to refinish or repurpose garden benches and other furniture are also available.
Owls Nest locations - 3411 SW Topeka Blvd. and 2901 SE Adams Street, open T-Sat 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Select items are available on Etsy.
All sales subsidize the job employment program at Capper Foundation and provide a wage for adults served participating in the program.
No Refunds or Returns (including deposits).
three Every first Friday of the month, Capper Creations Gift Shop has a 20% off sale (excludes artwork, greeting cards and unfinished furniture).
Small Engine Repair Shop
- Receive quality, affordable and unique service by choosing Capper Foundation for your small engine repair service. You’ll help adults by providing them with employment and skill-building opportunities, increasing their opportunities for independence.
- NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY!
Drop in Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm!
Located at the Adult Services garage off of SW Orleans St.
- We service almost any small engine equipment including push/riding lawnmowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, snow blowers, tillers and leaf blowers.
- Tune-up includes:
- Oil Change
- Spark plug change
- Clean carburetor
- Change air filter
- Cost: $35 bench fee, plus the cost of parts
*Additional costs may apply for larger machines or complex repairs. Please inquire.
Small engine equipment donations are welcome: drop off donations during service hours and fill out a donation form in the main lobby.
- For more information, email us or call 785-228-9443.
For more information about Employment Services, please email us or call 785-228-9443.